Hoopla Teal W HTML

Saturday 29 September 2012

Moving House

I know I've not posted for a while but, like I mentioned in my last post, I've been moving house.  Apart from uncovering the extent of my yarn addiction (and realising how much other crafting stuff I actually own) It's made me realise just how emotional leaving a home can be.

The Boyfriend and I first moved into that house when I came back from living in Spain in 2009.  I'd spent two years abroad and, although I loved it, I was looking forward to coming back home.  I was really nervous actually as I'd never cohabited with a partner before but I needn't have been as we found living together incredibly easy (thank goodness!).  I was also fortunate enough to gain an amazing step-daughter. Then started a whirlwind year of parties, nights in and good times.  The Boyfriend and I could throw a good party...

 

2010 was the year that things started to get special.  The Boyfriend became The Fiance and we started planning The Wedding.  The house was turned into a veritable sweat shop of craftiness as we made bunting, invitations, table runners, bouquets and button holes (more on those in a later post ;-p).  Our lovely little house had really become our home and was now dubbed Casa del Clap.  We also had another cracking party for my birthday where everyone had to wear a hat:




Last year was the year of the wedding.  The night before the wedding The Fiance stayed away with his friends and my girlies and I had a sleep over at the Casa.  I left my little house that morning and came back a married woman.  A little home all filled up with love.  Here's me and my Dad on my wedding day:



And now we get to this past 12 months.  We bought a dog, Morris, Lord of Disruption and Chief Yarn Tangler and we also found out we were expecting a Tiny Clap.  Lo and behold, the little Monkey arrived, and the Casa was filled to bursting with happiness and joy.  My little family are ace!



So, as The Husband and I picked up the last remaining yarn balls, dusted the last room and closed the last blind I shed a little tear.  There have been so many happy memories in our little Casa and I'll be sad to leave.  I know we're moving on to better things but it's still hard to leave a place where you've been so happy.  But then again they do say "home is were the heart is" so I know that wherever my little family is will be our home and I know that our new Casa will gain even more happy memories than the first official Casa del Clap.



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky,
    What a lovely blog post, lots of nice memories to cherish :-)
    It was nice to meet you and Jess the other day, hope to see you both again soon.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete